Child & Family Support
'The best thing you can give your children is time'.
J D Ghai
There are many thoughts you may have as a parent…
‘I just need someone to talk to…’ ‘I think the school is concerned about my daughter’s attendance...’
‘I’m worried about the next Open Evening...' 'Since my partner left things haven’t been the same...'
Our child and family worker is here to help you.
Who is a Child and Family Worker?
A Child and Family Support Worker’s role is mainly to support you and your child to get the very best from your school by providing support, advice and information. They will help you in the following ways:
• Provide direct and confidential support with families in a school context
• Support with your child’s behaviour
• Provide information about school matters
• Give opportunities to meet with other families
• Hold drop-in sessions
• Provide access to parenting programmes
• Finding other services to help
• Offer a home visit
What Child and Family Workers aim to achieve:
• Build your confidence in dealing with difficult parenting issues and behaviours
• Support better achievements and attendance at school
• Help you to speak with the school
Our Child and Family Support Worker works as part of the school team, providing services for children and families from Ray Lodge Primary School. Our Child and Family Worker has a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience. If you would like to speak to the Child and Family Worker, Jo DeGallerie, please contact the school office or catch her in the playground any morning.