Healthy Eating at Ray Lodge Primary School
Here at Ray Lodge Primary school we aim to to work in partnership with families and other professionals to support children in developing healthy eating practices which will become embedded for life.
We aim to:
- To provide children with positive healthy eating experiences in order to promote their well being.
- To respect the different dietary, cultural, religious and health needs of all our children
- To encourage children to develop positive attitudes towards food through the curriculum and all the other learning opportunities that are provided in the school.
- To promote an understanding of a balanced diet in which some foods play a greater role than others.
- To develop children’s understanding of the importance of the social context in which eating takes place.
- To raise awareness with children, parents and carers in developing a positive approach to food, nutrition and oral education.
- To encourage responsibility and accountability of all parents and carers in offering healthy choices to children.
Our school meals are provided by ISS. Please see the link to the Menu below.
Thanks to Jamie Oliver, school dinners have had a radical overhaul. But what about the lunchboxes we pack for our children?
It’s just as important to make sure the lunchbox your child takes to school provide a healthy, balanced lunch as when they eat at home. This means plenty of foods that contain the nutrients that children need, and fewer foods that are high in sugar and saturated fat.
Please click on the photograph to access the NHS Livewell site - here you will find some ideas for healthy packed lunches.