What do I do if I want my child to attend your nursery class?
Applications should be made direct to the school. Admissions to nursery classes will be considered as follows:
1. "Looked After" children, that is children in public care
2. Children with SEND.
3. Four year old siblings, with preference to older children
4. Four year old children with preference to older children
5. Three year old siblings, with preference to older children
6. Three year old children with preference to older children
If you do not get a place at our Nursery, there is no right of appeal against the decision.
Our school Admissions Officer will be pleased to offer advice and further information on how to apply for a place at our school.
If your child gets a place in our nursery it does not guarantee that s/he will have a place in the school. You will need to apply again for admission to a reception class. If your child does not attend nursery, or has a place in another early years setting this will not affect his/her chance when applying for school admissions.
When should I apply for my child to start school in Reception?
Every primary school has a size based on the admission number. This is the agreed and planned number of pupils in the year group that can be safely and comfortably fitted into the school. The published admission number for each primary school is shown at the back of the Primary School Admission booklet.
You can apply for up to three Redbridge schools, giving your reasons. Each school you have asked for will be considered equally. If there are more applications than places available, the following criteria will be used in priority order to decide how places will be allocated:
1. Looked after" children, that is children in public care
2. Children where it is agreed that it is essential they be admitted to the school on exceptional medical or psychological grounds (such requests for a particular school, based on the serious medical or psychological condition of the child, must be supported by a qualified professional adviser for observations before any decision is made)
3. Children with siblings who are already on roll at the school and will still be on roll when the child is admitted, and
4. Children living nearest to the school as measured by the shortest walking distance as measured by a Geographic Information System from the child’s home to the main entrance of the school using public roads and recognised footpaths
Within each category, the shortest measured walking distance from the child’s home to school, using public roads and footpaths, is used to give priority to applicants. Confirmations of placements are given in mid-June. Should the school be fully subscribed, you will be added to a waiting list until a space becomes available.
Reception, and In Year Admissions
All Reception and In Year admissions must be made through the London Borough of Redbridge. Please visit them online by clicking on the link below or via phone on 0208 708 3147. For children joining Reception in Sept 2018 as well as in-year transfers see booklets below for further information.
Once Redbridge have sent you a letter confirming your child's place at our school please call us to arrange an appointment for your child's induction. For the induction you will need to bring with you the following:
* Offer letter from LBR
* Child's Birth Certificate or Passport
* 2 proofs of address (one MUST be a council tax letter)
* Name and address of your child's doctor
* Names and addresses of any previous schools your child has attended
Once you have attended the induction you will be given a start date.
Year group table
Please see the table below to workout what year group your child would currently be in.
|Date of birth||Age||Year Group||Key Stage|
|1 September 2012 - 31st August 2013||4/5||Reception||EYFS|
|1 September 2011 - 31 August 2012||5/6||Year 1||1|
|1 September 2010 - 31 August 2011||6/7||Year 2||1|
|1 September 2009 - 31 August 2010||7/8||Year 3||2|
|1 September 2008 - 31 August 2009||8/9||Year 4||2|
|1 September 2007 - 31 August 2008||9/10||Year 5||2|
|1 September 2006 - 31 August 2007||10/11||Year 6||