FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Since September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for Universal Free School Meals.
Regardless of your child’s year group we would encourage you to register your entitlement as all successful applications attract additional funding to our school which we can spend on resources for your children. All successful new applicants will receive a voucher towards the cost of their child’s school uniform which must be used in school.
If you are in receipt of one or more of the listed benefits you should register for Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- An income related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190). Working Tax Credit is a disqualifying benefit regardless of your household income, this means that you would not be entitled to Free School Meals whilst in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
- Working Tax Credit – during the four week period immediately after your employment ceases, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week, your children are entitled to free school lunches
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods). For more information on Universal credits please click here
HOW TO APPLY FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS
To apply for Free School Meals online please follow go to the London Borough of Redbridge Free School Meals page, this page will give you more information regarding Free School Meals.
Alternatively you can contact the school office who with your consent can apply on your behalf.