For our school, the core subjects are:
- Reading (including Phonics)
- Writing (including GPS)
The non-core subjects are:
- History (Trust developed curriculum)
- Geography (Trust developed curriculum)
- Art (adapted from Kappow)
- Design Technology (adapted from Kappow)
- Science (adapted from Collins)
- PSHE (Health Education Partnership)
- RE (Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education - Redbridge & Havering)
- Computing and On-line safety (Rising Stars)
- Music (adapted from Kapow and supplemented with BBC 10 Pieces)
- PE (adapted from Get Set for PE)
- MfL (adapted from Riggolo and French Phonics)
PSHE includes SRE (Teach with Confidence), Citizenship & British Values.
SMSC permeates all subjects, activities and across the wider curriculum.
Non-core discrete teaching is predominantly blocked (supported through spaced learning and principles of interleaving) and taught in the afternoons.
If you would like to find out more about the curriculum at Ray Lodge Primary, please contact the Learning Hub Leaders or Mrs Fiona McGrath, Deputy Headteacher via the school office.