Our safeguarding aims...
- To support each child's development in ways that will foster security, confidence and resilience.
- To provide an environment in which children and young people feel safe, secure, valued and respected, feel confident and know how to approach adults if they are in difficulties.
- To raise the awareness of all teaching and non-teaching staff of the need to safeguard children and of their responsibilities in identifying and reporting possible cases of abuse or neglect, and to be aware of signs of abuse in non-verbal children.
- To provide a systematic means of monitoring children known or thought to be at risk of harm and ensure we, the school, contribute to assessments of need and support plans for those children alongside other agencies e.g., Social Services, Children with Disabilities Team, School Nurse, Education Welfare Officer and the Police.
- To acknowledge the need for effective and appropriate communication between all members of staff in relation to safeguarding pupils.
- To develop a structured procedure and framework within the school that will be followed by all members of the school community in cases of suspected abuse or neglect.
- To develop effective working relationships with all other agencies involved in safeguarding children as shown above.